Reference manual for data transfer from PS4 to PS5. Move all games safely from the old to the new console.
Thinking about buying a new PS5 console? Then you need all your old games. In this tutorial, you’ll learn step-by-step how to transfer all your games from your old PS4 to your new PS5 console. How to securely transfer all data from PS4 to PS5 and pick up the game where you left it. You can safely move all your data without losing your game purchases.
How do I securely transfer all my PS4 data to PS5?
There are several ways to transfer all the games from the old PS4 to the new PS5. The first method is the fastest, because it requires loading the whole game.
Method 1 – Direct transmission over LAN cable
- Unplug both consoles and connect them with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the old PS4. Wait until an update is installed.
- Make sure your old PS4 console is connected to the Internet via a wireless network and that you are logged in with your standard PS4 account.
- Then turn off the PS4 and do not disconnect the LAN cable. PS5 and PS4 must be connected with a single LAN cable.
- Turn on the PS5 console the first time you turn it on, and then perform the basic configuration.
- Select the language, configure the Internet and install any updates.
- On the PS5 screen, go to Profile and log in to your PS account. It’s the same one you used on PS4.
- After logging in, you will see the Edit this PS4 screen.
- Accept a notification and touch Transfer data from PS4.
- Turn on your PS4 and then touch Next on the PS5 screen.
- The console scans every connected PS4 console and displays a message on the screen.
- Press the Power PS4 button to confirm the data transfer.
- The message on the screen will change, click on Next because we have already connected the two consoles with the LAN cable.
- PS5 will display your PSN account ID, select OK.
- On the next screen, select the things you want to translate. For example, applications, stored data, settings and acquisition for transfer.
- Click Yes to complete the process.
This is the first method that allows you to immediately transfer all saved data and other parameters from the PS4 to the new PS5 console. This method is quick and easy, you just have to buy a LAN cable, which is easy to find in hardware stores.
Method 2 – PS4 game disc
If you have a CD collection of games for PS4, you will need to purchase the PS5 Standard Edition. The PS5 Digital Edition does not have a disc drive. For PS5 Standard Edition, simply insert the disc and the game will be installed. This is the second way to transfer games to a new console, only if you have physical copies of the game.
Method 3 – USBHard disk drive
If you’re using an advanced storage device, such as a USB hard drive, to play games on the PS4, simply plug it directly into the PS5. It detects installed games so you can play them without damaging your settings. The PS5 will be able to identify and launch games from the extended disk. So you can start games quickly and easily on your new console.
Method 4 – NSP account
The final step is to use your PSN account to get games for your new console. Just connect to PS5 and all your purchases will be downloaded. The PS5 is a backwards compatible system on which all PS4 games run. Just connect the console to a wireless connection, that’s all. The only problem with this method is that you can start from scratch.
So here are the four ways to transfer all your PS4 data to PS5. You can select the one you want. We recommend the quickest way to connect to the local network.